Wednesday 4 March 2009

OK - So here we go...

Manchester Graffiti welcomes all - Please add to your favroutes, i'll endeavor to post as often as is possible. Obviously, or not, there is a process involved. It requires me to firstly scout of locations, return and shoot them, edit the images, post to the blog. Yes you guessed it, it takes time!

My main reason for starting this off is ofcourse the numerous blogs out there titled 'Manchester Graffiti'. IMHO all are mostly pants. They contain few images of graffz, mainly garble and links that mostly have nothing to do with the Graff scene in Manchester. Most are started then forgot in a blink of a 'japs eye'.

Why shall this be different I hear you cry? Because i'm a Manni Man and a fledgling photographer. Manchester Graffiti is one of my first projects as such. I've been interested in Grafffi for ages, having little or no artist skills in the way of drawing and graphics, hence I decided to
grab my camera and start to form a collection. What better than something that relates to the city I love and am part of.

Theres also the changing nature of graffiti, its never permanant, always new, forever disapearing. I intend to keep my collection going for years building up a record of the changing face of Manni's street Graff scene.

Ive been collecting graffiti for several weeks now and posting it to my Facebook page. Ive decided that people need access to be able to view, enjoy and even discuss. So there we have it, the creation of this Blog.

The blog's main focus will be photography and images. I'm not here to discuss my own views, and criticique each peice, and start garbabling loads of rubbish. The object of this blog is to form an ongoing collection of all that is great about Manchesters Graff scene.

I'm always on the look out for locations, everytime I'm out my eyes are never on the road, always on back streets and back alleys, under bridges, over building sites. You get the picture. I will accept locations to scout via email. I'll also accept images to post and give you kudos, although I'll need to verify them first.

And Yes Manchester Graffiti covers Salford as well, infact anywhere in Greater Manchester!

If someone wants to design me a title image, I'll gladly accept. Something to do with Manchester and Graffiti with 'Manchester Graffz / Graffiti' in text please.

Im sure over time the artist's themselves will become aware of this blog and hopefully enjoy and comment on some on the works and get in touch if they should desire.

Maybe we'll get haters on here cussin' at graffiti, voicing us their rightly entitled opinions.

Maybe, just maybe, nobody will visit and like so many others this blog and collection will fall into the bowls of the web's obsurity - Who knows, maybe it'll lead on to bigger and better things?

Lets find out.....

6 comments:

  1. yay, i blog i don't hate, am not bored to tears with, and doesnt have scrapbooking on it - kudos

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks steph. Hopefully it'll go well. I doubt very much people will want to or sustain me churning out volumes of shit. The bog will be image based and speak for its self hopefully. Its the first time i've tried anything like this so hopefully it'll grow well.

    Oh yeah thanks for being my first follower...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nice stuff Chronic , must admit alot of it is hard to understand what it says/means ,must be my age ..lol ,
    But good luck with ya photography,
    voxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good blog m8 like the art keep it coming ill have to take some pictures too n post em in sd

    ReplyDelete
  6. pomona docks is pretty good, theres a few
    throw ups and pieces doted around nearby under trafford swing bridge and along the bridgewater canal

    ReplyDelete